Saturday 4 April 2009

Day 158 Bungee!

14th March 2009

Bungee!

Day 158

Up and off to the bungee site this morning. I was calm and looking forward to it. Got a little over-thinking on the way there. Not about being scared but was wondering if this is the best thing I'll ever do and how will I match it after. If this is the most thrilling and daring thing I ever do then what's left?

Got to the bungee site and quickly forgot about these thoughts once my harness was fitted. We got a gondola to the jump station that was suspended over 200 metres above a river by some wires.

They attached the bungee cords to my feet and led me to the edge. All I heard was the '3-2-1' count and I jumped off the worlds 3rd highest bungee jump. 134 metres of freefall! The fall was crazy - just the feeling of falling through the air at such a speed, screaming and laughing like a madman.





The whole thing was over in a minute and I was hauled back to the top.

I celebrated with a Fergburger (the best burgers in NZ, if not the world) and went out partying around Queenstown at night with the girls from my room.

All in all I'd say the bungee jump is the biggest rush and most exciting thing I have ever done.

No comments: