Sunday 19 April 2009

Day 165 Bangkok

21st March 2009

Exploring Bangkok

Day 165

Went exploring today. Passed a man offering a tuk-tuk (motorbike-van-taxi contraption) for 5 baht (10p), which made me and another tuk-tuk driver laugh as these things are always scams when offered that cheap. Got speaking to a Official Tourist guy (99% sure he was official) who taught me some Thai words and got me a tuk-tuk and sent me on a tour of Bangkok and I saw big Buddhas and a marble palace then went to a tourist office to ask about bus times for north Thailand and the guy there got carried away and tried to sell me a trip for 1800 pounds and wrote out a plan. When I said no it was awkward.

The food here is so good and cheap. Had a lovely Thai meal then bought a Cornetto and fell asleep in my room.

No comments: