Sunday 19 April 2009

Day 166 How do those chairs spin?

22nd March 2009

No change and spinning chairs

Day 166

Well how cheeky is this - I went around some stalls today and bought a pair of socks. I bargained for them as they were 20 baht (40p) and the woman agreed on 15 baht (30p). So i hand over 20 baht and she hands me the socks and does not give me any change! I start to ask for my change when a guy on the next stall tells me she doesn't speak English. How very convenient! I was right chuffed with actually bargaining for something at first.

Anyway at night I went around Khoa San Road with Lucy and some of her friends. It's a shame she is going back to England soon as we get on really well. Had a great night out anyway - we noticed the stools in a bar would rotate when touching another stool and had this sort of mechanical stool thing going on. A bouncer walked past and Lucy pointed out the spinning chairs. Then one minute later these bouncers appeared with flash lights searching under the chairs and up the walls thinking we were up to something! They all got so paranoid!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your Haggling Skills leave a lot to be desired... I can only assume you are afflicted by the 'HUMAN CRINGE GLAND', as seen on TV!

haha... loving the blogs!

Adi xx